Effective Date: [10.14.2021]
Last Updated: [10.20.2021]
DigiBite offers a platform (the “Teledentistry Platform”) through which individuals may access dental services, such as examinations and second opinions (the “Teledentistry Services”), from dental professionals (the “Teledentistry Providers”) without being in the same physical space as a Teledentistry Provider. Teledentistry Services may be provided through live two-way audio and video or store and forward electronic communications between individuals and the Teledentistry Providers. The Teledentistry Providers are third-party service providers, and DigiBite does not control, supervise or interfere with the practices of such third parties. DigiBite provides and supports the Teledentistry Platform, and supports certain activities, such as scheduling and payment, in connection with the Teledentistry Services. DigiBite is not a Teledentistry Provider or otherwise a healthcare provider or dental professional. As part of the registration process for a DigiBite Account and/or the use of certain DigiBite Services, DigiBite may collect certain personal information, including health or medical information, that may be protected under applicable laws, including without limitation the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
- through the DigiBite Site;
- when you use, obtain or consider the DigiBite Services, including when you remit payment for the Teledentistry Services;
- when DigiBite provides services to Teledentistry Providers who share limited health information with DigiBite in connection with the Teledentistry Services;
- when you communicate with us in any way including by calling, texting or emailing us, participating in an online chat, connecting with us on social media, post to our social media pages and tagging us in your social media posts (collectively, “Communications”); and
- when you respond to our advertisements or participate in surveys or participate in our contests or promotions (the “Participation Opportunities”).
The DigiBite Services, Communications, and Participation Opportunities are collectively referred to as the “Company Activities and Interactions.”
What information is being collected?
When you use the Digibite Services, we may collect certain information about you. This information may be personally identifiable information, health information, or other information that does not directly identify you.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This category includes information that would allow us to identify you personally.
- Other Information: This category refers to information that does not directly identify a specific individual. For instance, the DigiBite Site may track the total number of visitors to the DigiBite Site, the number of visitors to a particular page of the DigiBite Site, and/or other such technical information. This data may be used to diagnose problems with the DigiBite Site, gather demographic, geographic and other information that does not directly identify you to improve our services or marketing efforts, improve our services and product, and for similar purposes. We may also make Personally Identifiable Information anonymous or aggregate such anonymous data so that it becomes Other Information.
- Health Information: This category includes information that you provide or that is created in connection with the Teledentistry Services. For more information about the information collected in connection with the Teledentistry Services, please refer to the section titled “Teledentistry Services” below.
How Do We Collect Information?
The information we collect through the Digibite Services may be collected through a number of ways. Most information is provided voluntarily by you, however, we may also collect certain information about you when you automatically use the Digibite Services, as well as through third-party sources. This section provides more detail about how we collect information from you:
4. Information Voluntarily Provided: DigiBite may collect information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information and Health Information, voluntarily provided to us by the user. This information may be collected in coordination with a voluntary survey, information or service request, account creation, promotional contest, participate in a giveaway, apply for a position with DigiBite or by similar voluntary methods. This information includes the following categories of information:
- Contact Information, including names, addresses, e-mail addresses, account information, driver’s license information, and phone numbers.
- Health Information, including information you provide about symptoms, medications, and medical history.
- Billing Information, credit card numbers and related information like billing address.
- Demographic Information, including age and gender.
- Account Information, including user name and password
- Content, including any content in any communications to us such as emails and phone calls.
5. Information Automatically Collected: DigiBite may also automatically collect information, which may include information that is considered under certain laws as Personally Identifiable Information, when you use the DigiBite Services. This information may include the following categories of information:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
6. Third Party Information: DigiBite may collect information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, from third parties, including Teledentistry Providers and insurers, and add it to the other information collected.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential cookies: Essential cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when you access and navigate through our Site or use its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies help us collect information about how our users interact with the Site. We use performance cookies are cookies to improve the Site. For example, we use these cookies for analytics that let us see how our Site is being used and where to make improvements. The information is collected does not identify the user and generally includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to the websites and the pages they visited.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enhance the performance and functionality of our Site, often as a result of something you’re doing as a user. For instance, we may personalize our content for you or remember your preferences.
- Advertising Cookies: Marketing cookies enable us and advertisers to serve ads and content that are relevant to our interests based on the websites you view, clicks, and other advertisements viewed.
For more information about how to control cookies, please see the section entitled “Your Choices: Cookie Usage” below.
How Do We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
Information collected by the Company Activities and Interactions is used for the following purposes:
- to provide the DigiBite Services to you and to improve the DigiBite Services;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide marketing and promotion efforts, including providing you with information about products and services that we may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
- for customer service;
- to communicate with you;
- for research and analysis purposes;
- to fulfill your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment;
- to enforce agreements, address security hazards, prevent fraud or illegal or improper activities;
- for administrative purposes; and
- for other legally permissible purposes.
We allow you to “opt-out” of receiving certain marketing material, as discussed in more detail below in the section entitled “Your Choices” below.
To What Extent Do We Disclose Your Information to Third Parties?
DigiBite may share your information in the following situations:
- With Third-Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with the Teledentistry Providers that will provide Teledentistry Services to you through the Teledentistry Platform as well as our other vendors or service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the DigiBite Site, assist us in providing functionality for the DigiBite Services, provide data analysis and research on the DigiBite Services, send out email updates about the DigiBite Services, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and to process payments. For more information about how payments are processed, please refer to the section entitled “Payment Processing” below.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, as part, of or in connection with, a merger, acquisition, assignment, as part of debt financing, the sale of company assets, or in any similar transaction, or to the extent as may be required in the unlikely event of insolvency bankruptcy, or a receivership.
DigiBite does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
How is Personally Identifiable Information Secured?
We employ safeguards designed to help preserve the security and privacy of users of the DigiBite Services, and to help prevent the misuse of any Personally Identifiable Information. These safeguards are consistent with industry standards. We also enter into contracts with Teledentistry Providers and other third parties that require them to treat Personally Identifiable Information in a way that is consistent with this Policy. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we can make no representations or warranties regarding the security of any data exchanged through the DigiBite Services. There are potential security risks beyond our control. With this in mind, by using the DigiBite Services you acknowledge that you are transmitting data through the DigiBite Services at your own risk.
Because the Teledentistry Providers are separate from DigiBite, they have their own privacy practices and procedures that they have implemented to comply with applicable laws. The Teledentistry Providers’ processing of personal information will be governed under their Notice of Privacy Practices and DigiBite is not responsible for the personal information processing practices of the Teledentistry Providers.
Links to External Websites
You should be aware that third-party sites which display advertisements linking to the DigiBite Services may use a “cookie” to passively collect information to tailor advertising for you. We do not have control over or access to the third-party data collected.
The data we collect from visitors to the DigiBite Site and users of the DigiBite Services may be shared with our third-party vendors, such as Google or Bing, or other sites on the Internet for data analytics purposes. The privacy policies for such Linked Sites may differ from ours, and you are encouraged to review them.
You may opt out of receiving future promotional communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions within a promotional communication you received from us. To learn more about your choices regarding receiving promotional emails or other communications, please email us at email@example.com.
Protection of DigiBite: You agree that we, our agents, and independent contractors, may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent that we, our agents, and independent contractors, in our sole discretion, believe doing so may be appropriate, including but not limited to when it may be legally required, necessary to comply with laws, or in response to lawful requests or legal process. We may also share such information where we believe it may limit our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, or where otherwise necessary to protect our rights, interests and/or property (including, without limitation, to enforce our agreements), or the rights, interests and/or property of our agents, independent contractors, customers, and others. This may include release of your Personally Identifiable Information if there is an unpaid balance on your account; you hereby authorize us, our agents, or our independent contractors to refer your Personally Identifiable Information to a collection agency and the unpaid balance may be reported to a credit agency, which may damage your credit.
Opt-out: Our third-party advertising partners may collect data about your visits to the DigiBite Site or other use of the DigiBite Services to help them better understand your advertising preferences, and provide you with offers they believe you will be interested in. You may opt out of receiving certain advertising tailored to you from third parties. If you would like to opt out of behavioral advertising or to learn more, please visit
Options you select are browser and device specific.
Do Not Track: The DigiBite Services do not currently take any action when we receive a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Cookie Usage: Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
We do not intentionally collect data from children under the age of 13. The DigiBite Services are not directed to children under 13 and children under 13 should not use the DigiBite Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected any such data, we will delete it as soon as possible.